As part of the Bournemouth Emerging Arts Fringe, Gerauschhersteller Experimental Music Ensemble are putting on a performance of Cornelius Cardew’s legendary graphic score piece, ‘Treatise’. This is one of the best known graphical musical scores – 193 pages of lines, symbols, and abstract shapes. Cardew’s score is also a work of visual art in its own right. Each performance is unique, as the performers need to agree the rules and approaches they will use to interpret the score. This performance will be given by the Gerauschhersteller Experimental Music Ensemble, and will be accompanied by video projection of the score itself. The date is Thursday 29th October, 7.30 pm, in the Hilda Coles Open Learning Centre, which is behind the Priest House Museum, High Street, Wimborne. Tickets £5 (£3 concs.) on the door.
- Adrian Newton Alex McKechnie ambient Annemarie Borg Antara Project associate artist audio b-side Charlotte Loving David Rogers Eva Fahle-Clouts Gabrielle Fry Ian Talbot installation ivon oates James Price Joe Stevens links Mandy Rathbone Marcus Leadley Marc Yeats Mark Hewitt moving image music Nigel Slight open studio partnerships Phill Phelps radio Ralph Hoyte soundscape sound walk SPUD Victoria Pirie video visual working with young people
- #ff @Antara_Project x @Hornetmuziq @afraidofmusic @hatchmyideas @metanast @CoMA_All @BridportArts @DavidSmithArt… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- #ff @BlotFactory @musicdeskdigi @stevedavismoon @kentcreativeart @ModernMusicDan @scottishmusic @jasoneckardt… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @angelhistoric: We're part of a free illustrated talk and walk in Askerswell tomorrow with @LandBoneStone looking at the archaeology and… 3 days ago
- RT @dorsetandbeyond: Love #Dorset's rivers and all they do for us. One of several threads of the River Frome flowing through West Ward Comm… 4 days ago
- RT @marcyeats: Remembering my fried, Peter Maxwell Davies who died this day two years ago. I miss him. https://t.co/zyv17Fo55M 4 days ago