Whitstable Biennale 2016
Saturday 4th June 11am-5pm on the beach near Keams Yard
Channel 1 : Live Performance
photo by Iris Garrelfs
Explores the Hidden Sounds of Whitstable. Underwater sound from the harbour, cash registers, LED lighting and power cables are all brought together to create an intriguing sonic map of Whitstable.
Hydrophone recordings taken in the Medway – live laptop treatments.
Nemeton [Adrian Newton]
Performance using found sounds sourced from the location itself. Nemeton will be exploring refuse washed up on beach as a sound source.
Lab of Sonic Possibilities [Tansy Spinks and Iris Garrelfs]
Tansy and Iris will continue their Lab of Sonic Possibilities with a performance for microphone and beach. The Lab explores locations through listening and sound related activities, uncovering the different perspectives on site specificity this reveals.
Nicholas has recently completed an artist residency in Aldeburgh. He will be using a MAX patch and a laptop to process the field recordings he made along the coastline. These will be combined with fragments of noise and melody.
Greg will be jumping into the sea with his mobile phone.
Live mixing and treatments of coastal recordings.
Luke Scott and Lewis Wolstanholme
Ableton Live software, laptop and field recordings.
Harmonium and beachcombing. No electronics!
Custom built software and field recording.
Field recordings, cassette playback, looping pedals and voice.
Charles Vaughan and Tim Gardiner
Sea, beach, violin and electronics.
Channel 2 : Recordings
1. Lone Broadcast : Magz Hall
2. glass water : David Rogers
3. Hidden Sounds of Whitstable : Marcus Leadley
4. Scape : John Levack Drever
5. South Bay 28th July 2012 : Rob Mackay
6. St. Catherine’s Chapel : ivon oates
7. The Rain Is : Marjorie Van Halteren & Jeff Gburek
1. Dungeness Tower : David Rogers
2. From Sea To Sky And Back Again : Benjamin Dallimore-Symonds
3. Installation for an Imaginary Beach : Marcus Leadley
4. Saline : Jasmine Guffond
5. Water : Jon Pigram
6. Sea Pictures : Rob Mackay
7. Sea Swim Sounds : Rob Mackay
8. Un : Jess Irvine
1. The Isle is Full of Noises : Mandy Rathbone
2. Whitstable 2010 : Marcus Leadley
3. Parallel Places : Marcus Leadley
4. Sounds of the Insect World : Salad Producer