Composer Curator Scheme: Sound and Music
I’m delighted to share an opportunity with you – Sonic Coast Live Concert Series – Call for Scores [closes 1st. April 2014]
Sonic Coast Live Concert Series
In February this year, DIVAcontemporary associate artist and Chair, Marc Yeats was selected to be a 2014-15 Composer Curator with Sound and Music’s Composer Curator Scheme. Along with generous support from Arts Council England Lottery Funds and Sound and Music’s Composer Curator Scheme, Marc, in partnership with DIVAcontemporary is presenting Sonic Coast Live Concert Series.
The concert series is the creation of a new, vibrant platform to support the performance of exciting and innovative contemporary classical music by brilliant but lesser known UK and international living composers in rural Dorset where audiences have little opportunity to experience new music away from the major cities. Our concerts will take place from Lyme Regis in the extreme west of the county to Weymouth and Portland.
Marc will curate five concerts that will be delivered in partnership with DIVAcontemporary, presenting this fantastic music with the very best young contemporary classical specialist performers encouraging new, enthusiastic audiences for contemporary music.
What we are offering composers:
- A live performance of acoustic music with some of the best contemporary music specialist performers in the UK
- A live internet radio broadcast of the concerts
- An audio recording of the live concert for each composer to use on any of their networks for promotion
- A video recording of composers’ live performances to use on any of their networks for promotion
- Promotion for the concerts with DIVAcontemporary and Sound and Music
What we need from composers:
- Their music and performing materials provided free to the musicians [PDF or hard copy by agreement]. It may be impossible to return hard copy performing materials by post unless the composers can provide return postage.
- An agreement for DIVAcontemporary and its partners to use all materials from the concert including audio recordings, video recordings, podcasts, live audio streaming and documentary materials including photographs to be used and distributed freely [non-profit use] on all of our networks.
- That composers’ credit DIVAcontemporary and its partners on all their publicity materials associated with the concert series
- That composers will promote the concert series and their participation in it as widely as possible to their own networks
- That composers will provide DIVAcontemporary with any necessary biographical and programme note materials
- Three of the concerts have already been curated. The opportunities advertised here represent programming opportunities in the remaining two concerts.
- Composers may submit as many works as they wish to any of the categories listed below.
- This is an open call. Only a limited amount of works received can be programmed in the available slots.
Our opportunities will be for the following ensembles:
- Soprano [voice], Cl [doubling Bass Clarinet], Violoncello
- Soprano [voice], Cl [doubling Bass Clarinet]
- Soprano [voice], Violoncello
- Brass Quartet [2 trumpets, tenor trombone, bass trombone] – any solo, duo, trio or quartet combinations of the above players
Please note, these instrumental line-ups are fixed – no additional instruments are available.
If you agree to this offer and would like to proceed, please send works to firstname.lastname@example.org – PDF scores accompanied by acoustic recordings where possible [midi recordings are not helpful] clearly indicating which of the ensemble groupings you are submitting to by the 1st. April 2014
Composers will be notified of the selection outcome within six weeks of the close of this opportunity.
Please connect with us here for more information and news as it happens Sonic Coast Live Concert Series
We will be posting regular updates on these Facebook pages and it would be useful if you connected by ‘liking’ us here:
- DIVAcontemporary Facebook Page and
- Marc Yeats Composer Facebook Page
- as well as on Twitter @Divacontemp and @marcyeats
I very much look forward to working with you.
All best wishes
Marc Yeats :: Composer Curator